Monday 29 April 2013

Cardiff Part 2

Open days are suuuper important. Mainly to see the course & university BUT of course visiting the city is also a major factor (I think so at least)... So my afternoon in Cardiff was spent doing just that.

As you may have guessed from my previous post, I just had to visit Cardiff's Urban Outfitters. One of the most incredible shops known to man.



Even from the exterior you can see this shop has some seriously cool stuff inside. Thankfully their limit to items you can try on is pretty high, so I bundled everything into the changing room and tumbled into a state of pure joy.


After falling in love with pretty much the whole shop all over again, it was time to do some more exploring... 

To begin with, the Cardiff Market.


We had a quick look around the stalls before landing on this little Welsh gem & bought some traditional Welsh cakes (giant ones of course). They were delicious, I'm a huge fan of fruity cakes!



We then made it our mission to see the sea & on our way walked past this hunk of a castle.



Once we arrived at Cardiff bay it was pretty empty & windy, but it was really nice to see the sea and discover the area.



One thing I found interesting was the way everything was translated into Welsh, the only Welsh I know is 'Araf' which means 'slow' & seems to be on all roads... Its a really pretty language though, and I love the accents.


The day we were there also happened to coincide with the Welsh Varsity match, a huuuge event over there, so there were a lot of proud fans declaring their love for their teams...and some pretty crazy outfits.



We arrived back at the station just in time to catch our train. I spent the journey home looking through the Cardiff prospectus, listening to some seriously good songs & munching on the Welsh cakes as the sun set...



Take me back?

19 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Cardiff looks sooo beautiful! I can see why it appeals to you. Are you definitely thinking of applying to Cardiff Uni then :)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it just, I love how pretty it is, it's definitely amongst the favouritesxx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had such a good time! Open days are such a fab way to explore so many new cities - and the perfect excuse for some shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!! It was such a good day, I can't wait for the other open days now aha!xx

      Delete
  3. Aww, I'll take you back and go there with you, I wish! Looks like such a beautiful and fun place, glad to hear you had a fun time. UO is one of the wonders on Earth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that sounds just about right, their design is so incredible, inside & out (mainly inside though) I wish I was their interior designer!xx

      Delete
  4. great post! I really want to visit there someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG looks like an amazing place! I want to go there too!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, looks like you had a fantastic time.

    My aunt used to live in Cardiff and I know it's a fantastic place!

    Hope you are well, take care :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, wow she's lucky, it's in such a nice location too near the sea! (Summer must be great for surfing...)xx

      Delete
  7. Oooh! Mermaid Quay? Now would that not be THE best address ever to have!

    E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely would, it sounds so mythical I love itxx

      Delete
  8. That food looks soooo delicious! This looks like such a fun adventure <3.

    I hope you'll check out my blog as well!

    http://www.waitingfortheinternet.blogspot.com

    xx!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhhh these photos are really making me excited for going back there in a couple of weeks, i love cardiff bay- and they do have the best uo ever- so big! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very jealous you lucky thang! It's increeedible, although the Oxford Street one is pretty perfect too hahaxx

      Delete


  10. Seeing all those amazing snaps of the area, my craving for
    Europe has increased :) haha. It would be lovely to be able
    to study there !!! I love how open days can let you take a
    peek into your own future ♡ very important and very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks great!, I will have to venture to this part of the country when I have visitors from Spain.
    Marisa.xx
    www.cremaluisa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. My family all live in Cardiff, it is a fantastic city. The shopping is fab and I am a big fan of Welsh cakes too, but no one makes them as good as my Grandma!

    ReplyDelete