Wednesday 2 July 2014

Exhibitions: Bartlett + Bedford School

My final exams finished a few weeks ago, so I am currently in my longest summer holidays ever. WOOOOO.

Something I've done more of has been visiting exhibitions. On Monday I went to London for one of the world's biggest architecture shows; The Bartlett Summer Show. The staff kindly showed a group of us around before we set about exploring the show ourselves.



Sadly my camera decided it would only focus on close ups so you'll have to take my word for it when I say the rest was just as fantastic.

My favourite part of the show included bunk beds on top of bunk beds, with models and projects balanced and hung from the bed frames. To see them you needed to make your way under the bunk beds and through the suspended work. The show was awesome and kind of scary seeing how high the standard is.

~ ~ ~

When I came home from the exhibition (via Urban Outfitters and a large serving of sushi) Louise told me about another exhibition at a nearby school. Having only just been encouraged by the Bartlett staff to visit exhibitions, timing couldn't have been better.





We rummaged through all the sketchbooks, exploring the different projects. The A level ones proved most inspiring and creative with a mix of sculptures, installations and paintings. The presentation within the work was particularly well put together, something I wish I had more time to focus on in my own project.




Two exhibitions in one day, and I'm planning the next. Really really really want to visit the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition!

~ ~ ~

Drop the Game by Flume, Chet Faker
I Sing I Swim by Seabear
Brazil (ITV World Cup Theme) by Thiago Thome

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! You are always visiting beautiful exhibition, I am super envious, I need to make more time for art :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good plan! I'm trying to do the same in fact, especially the creating side!xx

      Delete