Saturday 5 April 2014

OIL PAINTINGS

Yesterday I handed in all my art coursework. So after a rather busy week of painting and working on my sketchbook, here are two of my favourite pieces I created for my coursework.

The topic I chose for the coursework was 'Food & Cultures' which eventually led me to looking at market stalls as I love the busy atmosphere and beautiful displays. So after masses of research and development, I ended up with these two oil paintings. (Also can we please have a moment of appreciation for the beautiful wooden tables of the art room)




My Easter holidays started today so things are looking up. I think I might just sleep forever and ever starting now.

Except now I need to create an exam folder...

~ ~ ~

'On My Way' by The Cat Empire | 'Can't Help Falling In Love' by Ingrid Michealson | 'Ode To My Family' by The Cranberries

18 comments:

  1. Can we please have a moment of appreciation for your astounding artwork? You're extremely talented and I'm glad you've shared some of that talent with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing your art coursework! These paintings are great, I thought they were photographs in the preview! Have a good holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jane, it's such a relief to hand it all in!xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my! At first when I glanced I thought I was seeing photographs, and I looked closer, and wow, so much perfection and detail. You are going to do great Joanna. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These comments are so lovely, thank you it means a lotxx

      Delete
  4. Woah, you made these? They look really good, you are an artist! You should totally keep painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you, I really hope I carry on painting as I get older, I think its one of my favourite things:)xx

      Delete
  5. These are GORGEOUS, you're so talented! And congrats - enjoy some freedom!

    Bxx
    b-jolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will (apart from all the revision sadly haha), thank you Bella!xx

      Delete
  6. 1. Congrats on handing it in!

    2. Your work is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness you are so talented! Congratulations on handing it all in and achieving something so amazing! I used to love art at school and college, I really should start drawing again.

    Caroline x
    www.cocktailsandcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, it is such a nice way to spend time, its definitely my favourite schoolwork by miles, thank you Carolinexx

      Delete
  8. These are amazing, you're so talented! You should be really proud of them :) Enjoy your Easter holiday hibernation haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hibernation is going well so far haha, thank you Stephanie, and happy Easter to you too!xx

      Delete
  9. your paintings are amazing! well done :) i have to hand all mine in a month and im freaking out... love your ski trip pictures too <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. These paintings are amazing! So much detail!

    ReplyDelete