Sunday 20 April 2014

Camden + Tate Modern + Tate Britain

Art brings me a little bit everywhere for gallery visits or photographing subjects. On Friday, the destination was London for a day discovering the Tate Modern & Tate Britain.

I arrived in the city that morning & decided to explore Camden before meeting my mum at the Tate Modern. I had a look at some possible uni accommodation, went into Urban Outfitters (obviously) and then grabbed myself some lunch at Camden Lock. I love Camden Lock. All the little food stalls reminded me of Reading!



After my rather lovely morning in Camden, I found my way across London to the Tate Modern and set about exploring before my mum arrived. This was my first time at the gallery and its incredbile. I recognised loads of famous art pieces (Picasso's Weeping Woman and Turner's Yacht Approaching the Coast below!) and I must say their shop is a dream - full of arty picture books.




Looking down from the higher levels of the gallery was also impressive - all the tiny people walking around reminded me of Lowry's paintings. Which were exhibited at our next destination: The Tate Britain. We walked across London from one gallery to the other and passed some pretty cool streets on the way.



Once we had arrived, turned out we didn't have much time until closing but I managed to have a quick look around and really really liked the painting above - Girl with a Kitten by Lucian Freud. The eyes and style is incredible. I also spotted some of Lowry's pieces - you see what I mean about the little people now?



So that was my day in London, topped off with a rather unflattering photo of myself mid-sentence. But hey ho, action shots are fun. I really recommend the Tate Modern & Britain. They are probably my joint favourite London Galleries art-wise, although the V&A's coffee shop will always be the greatest.

Happy Easter folks!

~ ~ ~

'Uitzicht' by Bakermat (the more you listen the better it gets - especially the saxo bit)
'Rudeboy' by Dub Inc. (I'm still into the reggae)

26 comments:

  1. It's always good to be in Camden Town.. and I love Urban Outfitters, happy they opened a store in Amsterdam =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite shop, I wish there was one closer to where I live now, although next year there'll be plenty nearby so I won't complain:Pxx

      Delete
  2. The little people reference was so nice. I wish we had UO where I live! Seems to me like you had such a nice day.
    Mortem Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely & UO is amazingggg, definitely worth a long visit whenever you come near onexx

      Delete
  3. Love this post! The pictures are amazing :)
    exploring is always so much fun! xx
    I’d love for us to keep in touch via bloglovin’ or GFC. Let me know on my blog, I’ll be sure to follow back! :)

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to go to Camden one day :D I love what you are wearing Joanna, you are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Camden area, there are so many places to eat haha. The Tate Modern is one of my favourite art museums too! Looks like an awesome day you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I loved the choice and the smells and atmosphere there, soooo good! It was perfectxx

      Delete
  6. I think the last photo of you is very cute! Looks like a nice and relaxing time, ooooh I love UO! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, it was such a lovely day! I could spend hours in UO hahaxx

      Delete
  7. Very, very tasteful. That's precisely what I adore about your adventure posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that's such a lovely comment, thank you Rachelxx

      Delete
  8. pretty pretty dress! would love to visit the tate one day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie, it was my first time wearing it too, exciting times! I so so recommend the tatexx

      Delete
  9. You're so lucky that the TATE is only a train ride away! I was so upset that I didn't get to go when I was in London early this year. Glad you had fun!

    x karen
    the chic & damned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely nice living nearby, have a look when you're next around, I'm sure they'll always have something awesome onxx

      Delete
  10. I love these photos :) You look great on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always think of your little blog as my daily dose of culture! Lovely photos!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I'm glad you think of it like that, I'm flattered!xx

      Delete
  12. You have the most gorgeous hair lovely :)
    I'm so happy for you that you get to do things that are lovely with art. It must be so nice!

    My favourite shots are the ones of all the people below, I agree with you about how cool that is! and the one of you in front of the loading bay :) It's cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Meg! I'm so glad I took art, it is by far my favourite subject!xx

      Delete
  13. All of these images are beyond perfect!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Urban Outfitters is my favourite! I always shop online there ;) Such beautiful things! That Girl With A Kitten painting is absolutely amazing. I'm in love with it! I will definitely be giving this place a look when I'm in England! :)

    ReplyDelete